Still practicing

I have been practicing the easy onset speach and am still having trouble with some words, particulary "p" and "b." I have learned to slow down and don't talk so fast that I stumble over everything I try to say. Talking slowly and with pauses helps me stay in control of my speech. I am still working on those words that are hard for me - most of them start with "p" and "b" and cause me much tension. Self Therapy for the Stutterer says it best: "More likely you blocked because you held your mouth in a fixed postion. In other words, you pressed your lips together so tightly on the 'p' sound that you couldn't separate them and let the air escape. You couldn't uncork your mouth because you were making such a hard tight contact." That's what happens to me! I just have to learn to uncork my mouth.