Hard time of the year

This is a hard time for me. I always stutter more over the Christmas holidays. Everything and everybody seem to be in double time and I can't keep up with them. I get lost in the crowds and conversations. Nobody has time for me to say what I want to say. They interrupt or try to help, but never finish my sentence with what I started out to say.

I love the Christmas music, the sparkling lights everywhere, and giving gifts but I find myself doing things alone and enjoying it more. I can walk my dog and talk to her while enjoying seeing the decorations at houses in our neighborhood. I can listen to the radio or CDs of Christmas carols. I enjoy shopping on the internet much more than getting in the stores. I'll invite one friend over at a time and enjoy that, but never get in a crowd like at a party or at home with all of the relatives. My friends understand me much more than family who I rarely see do.

I know I am not the only one who stutters who feels this way. I bet others with similar problems have a similar Christmas.