Easy Onset Speaking

I have been working on "easy onset" talking. That is sliding into every sound of a word and stretching out the vowels and consonants. It is amazing how an extremely slow drawn-out manner of talking gives me better speech. The book says "stretch out and prolong all your voicing of sounds, particularly the starting sounds. And prolong all transitions between all sounds (consonant and vowel) with light, easy contacts on the consonants."

My stuttering has lessened greatly since I have learned to do the "easy onset" type of speaking. I had to spend some time practicing by myself and I still have trouble with "p" and "b." I speak slower and it seems unnatural but at least I am not stuttering as much and people understand what I am saying. Those that know me know that I am not dumb, and I don't care what anyone else thinks!