Stress and stuttering

I have read so many things about people saying that they stutter when under stress or that they started stuttering after a stressful situation, that it makes me wonder how many people started stuttering after a disaster like a hurricane.  It has to be very traumatic to lose your house, car, be separated from a beloved pet, or experience the loss of life from any natural disaster.  I wouldn't be surprised it studies showed that many people who experience this start stuttering, especially a young child.  There is no way we can prevent things like tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, etc, so I guess all we can do is give as much support and love to those who go through these things. 

I can't think of an event that made my stuttering start, but any stressful situation makes it worse.  I have found that working on keeping myself calm by doing yoga, listening to relaxing music, staying away from people who annoy me, etc helps in the long run.  When I start my day in a relaxed way, it seems to go better.  It I start the day by being late and rushing, I make mistakes and stutter worse.

I am finding more and more ways to help make sure that my stuttering is as less as posible.