Thank you

I stood in front of the mirror by myself and said "thank you" over and over concentrating on how I formed the words. Then, I went to a friend's house and tried saying "thank you" and found that I got it out easier than I used to, but I felt my face making contortions and seem to remember tapping my thigh with my right hand. My friend knows that I stutter as she is one that I told. She was very patient and understanding but mentioned that it was the first time she had heard me say "thank you." She guessed that it must have been because I had trouble getting it out. She said that it must be really frustrating to not be able to say what you want to say. Oh, if she really knew! If people who are fluent could experience one day of what we go through, they might react differently to our stuttering.